1) It is easily treatable.
2) It is the most common bug in the UK.
3) You can only get the Winter Vomiting Bug in Winter
4) There is no need to see a doctor.
1) False: there is no cure for the Winter Vomiting Bug. You must let it run its course.
2) True: Between 600,000 and 1million people in the UK suffer from…
Posts Tagged ‘true or false’
Posted 161 days ago
1) It is easily treatable.
Posted 186 days ago
1. Dandruff is contagious
False. It’s impossible to catch dandruff from someone else
2. Stress causes dandruff
False. Stress can never actually cause dandruff. However it can aggravate the problem by affecting our body’s ability to fight Malassezia fungus, which is the main cause of dandruff.
3. Kids don’t get dandruff
True. It only occurs after puberty and is most common in people in their early…
Posted 196 days ago
1. Poor hygiene is the cause of acne
False. In fact washing your skin too frequently and too aggressively can make an acne breakout much worse.
2. You should never squeeze your pimples
True. Squeezing pimples leads to further inflammation, which makes the acne look worse and last longer than if you’d left things well alone!
3. Adults don’t get acne
False. Adult acne affects 25…
Posted 221 days ago
1. You can catch eczema from someone who has the disease.
False. Eczema is not contagious. You can’t ‘catch’ the disease from another person and you can’t give it to someone else.
2. You can’t go swimming if you have eczema.
False. Most people with eczema can go swimming. However, some people who have severe eczema find that the chemicals in swimming…
Posted 231 days ago
1. Taking too many Vitamins can be harmful.
True. Taking too much of any vitamins can be harmful but particularly the fat soluble ones, A, D, E and K.
2. If you take vitamin supplements you need not worry about eating a nutritious diet.
False. Vitamins cannot replace a healthy diet and they cannot provide you with all the essential nutrients you need…
Posted 249 days ago
1. Food eaten late at night stops you losing weight
False. Providing you eat less calories than you burn each day you’ll lose weight, regardless of when you consume those calories.
2. Margarine is healthier and lower in fat than butter
False. Ordinary margarines contain just as much fat and calories as butter and so offer no real slimming benefits.
3. Low-fat foods always…
Posted 273 days ago
1. Food allergies and intolerances are the same thing
False. Unlike an allergy, a food intolerance is never life-threatening
2. There is no treatment to cure a food allergy
True. The only way of preventing an allergic reaction is to identify the type of food that causes it and then avoid it.
3. Food allergies are linked to eczema
True. The worse the eczema is and…
Posted 308 days ago
1. All women need to eat 2000 calories a day
False. This is the amount given for the average woman, but it depends on age, activity levels, and whether you are currently overweight or underweight.
2. Calories and kilocalories are the same
True. It sounds confusing but calories is short for kilocalories. For example when you see ‘100kcal’ written on a packet, this…
Posted 315 days ago
1. Using sunscreen means you can stay in the sun longer
False. Sunscreen protects skin while you are in the sun, but you shouldn’t use it as an excuse to stay out longer. Avoid sitting directly in the sun between 11am and 3pm.
2. Kids are more at risk of burning
True. Young skin is easily damaged by the sun so make sure you slap…
Posted 336 days ago
1. You should brush babies’ gums before their teeth come through
True. If you start to brush your baby’s gums with a very soft toothbrush it makes tooth-brushing part of their daily routine.
2. White teeth are healthier
False. Off-white teeth aren’t necessarily unhealthy. Keep them as white as possible with good oral hygiene and avoiding tea, coffee and red wine that can…